Re: custom runtime GDB extensions

>>>>> "Bruce" == Bruce Korb <bruce.korb@gmail.com> writes:

Bruce> Meanwhile, cajoling the distributions to enable python extensions
Bruce> by default would be a good thing to do.

I thought the distros did do this nowadays; but I don't really know much
about any other than Fedora any more.  FWIW, Fedora enables Python here
and also ships with all the other little things that help gdb -- at
least Python pretty-printers for libstdc++, libgcc hooks for unwinding,
glibc hooks for improved dlopen support and longjmp.

If your distro doesn't do this I suggest filing bugs with them.

Bruce> (Or just do it by default and require a --disable-python option
Bruce> instead....)

Not touching that one :-)

Tom