Re: Time to expand "Program received signal" ?

On Nov 15, 2012, at 5:21 PM, John Gilmore wrote:

>> John> GDB shouldn't mention threads at all, unless the program being debugged
>> John> is multi-threaded.

But you didn't address the issue that you can't readily tell whether a program is multi-threaded.  It may have had multiple threads but it doesn't now, or it may have more later.  This may be true even though it's not linked to libpthread -- that library might not even exist on the OS in question, or it may be linked in static, or the program may simply call the kernel's "create me a thread" syscall.

	paul