Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

Stan> It's always seemed a little sloppy to me that we advertise gdbserver
Stan> as suitable for targets, but don't actually track its size, consider
Stan> each patch's effect, etc.  For instance, a one-liner that brings in a
Stan> bunch of library code might be more problematic for footprint than a
Stan> page of new code.

Yeah, this was my main takeaway from the last round of C++ discussions.

If we are serious about gdbserver size, then we must set some
constraints, and reject patches that violate these.

However, I tend to think that either some interested party will have to
design a compile-time-configuration approach for gdbserver, so that its
size can be kept in check; or that we'll want to have two reference
gdbservers, and let the current one grow feature-by-feature.

There's always RDA:

    http://sourceware.org/rda/

Maybe there are others as well.

Tom