Re: Unexpected DW_AT_type for Ada strings on s390x?

Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> writes:
> [Cc'ing Eric, as he is the compiler expert - GDB just represents what
> the compiler tells us]

Sure.  Should we also CC the gcc mailing list?

> My first guess is that the variantion in type definition is caused
> by differences in ABI. I don't know s390 platforms, so I can't
> confirm offhand. But it seems like a plausible way to pass the
> argument.

Right, the two-element structure is passed by reference on s390x.  But
that also applies to the same structure in C/C++.  Nevertheless, with C
the argument's DW_AT_type reflects the real type and gcc adjusts the
DW_AT_location instead.

> If Eric confirms my guess, the attached patch should fix the problem.

Thanks.  Eric, do you confirm that it's intentional to adjust the
DW_AT_type based on ABI?

Joel, in the meantime I suggest to commit the second line of your patch.
It's independent of the outcome, and we might otherwise lose track of
it.