Re: "optimized out" in spite of DWARF saying otherwise?

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:15:20 +0100, Michael Haupt wrote:
> The offending one I asked about is just a mark. There is no guarantee as to
> which instruction there is at the address in question; is it "safe" to use
> an extent of, say, 1, or does the instruction length govern that?

At least for GDB it is OK to use length 1 and IIUC the standard also
implicitly says so.

GDB+GCC use a special notation for calls: Address of the call instruction is
used before stepping in, call-instr-length - 1 address is used when inside the
callee and then normally address of next instruction after the call one when
the callee returns.

Regards,
Jan