pretty printer display hints for collections

Before I move to the libstdc++ mailing list or scratch my head how to adapt Eclipse CDT being robust AND usable at the same time, is there any good reason why the STL pretty printers for list, bitset, dqueue, ... don't use display hint "array"? Or more generally, shouldn't any pretty printer for a collection either use display hint "array" or "map"?

Jens.