Re: add-inferior / clone-inferior

Tom> The whole target stack needs to be switched out depending on which
Tom> target is "active".  I guess one idea would be to make it depend on the
Tom> current inferior.  But then I would worry whether the correct inferior
Tom> is always selected when gdb is doing various operations.

Tom> I think I'd also examine all the calls to push_target, unpush_target,
Tom> and target_is_pushed to make sure they are ok.  I think there are hidden
Tom> gotchas here.  E.g., "record" will eventually call push_target via
Tom> record_full_open -- which examines the current target stack and stores
Tom> stuff into a global.

I played with this a bit last week and again today.

I have it working well enough that I can run one inferior while visiting
a core file in another.

I'll push my branch eventually; sooner if somebody wants to see it.

Tom> I wonder if there are other UI issues to consider.

Pedro pointed out a few on irc.
They're in the notes on the branch.

Tom> It would be very nice to have a wiki page for this project, with the
Tom> plans and links.

I'll set one up.

Tom