Re: Variable Length Arrays (VLA) proposal

> Just to add another possibility, we implemented VLA for Fortran by
> wrapping read_var_value and then adding a call to f_fixup_value which
> 'fixed up' the type of the variable (filled in the array bounds, etc.)
> by modifying the original type. (It also auto-dereferences pointers).

One of the questions that need to be asked is whether it's OK to modify
the type in place like that. For Ada, we create new types with the
bounds fixed-up. I think you might run into problems with cached
values, such as the values accessible from the history (Eg: "print $2").

--
Joel