RE: Variable Length Arrays (VLA) proposal

Hello Chris,

> Just to add another possibility, we implemented VLA for Fortran by
> wrapping read_var_value and then adding a call to f_fixup_value which
> 'fixed up' the type of the variable (filled in the array bounds, etc.)
> by modifying the original type. (It also auto-dereferences pointers).

Interesting approach & thanks for your feedback.

We are going to add your proposal to http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/FortranVLA.
This allows us to track the various approaches in a better way.
Maybe we should drop the Fortran prefix as we are aiming for generic vla
support in FSF GDB.

 -Sanimir

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052