Re: gdb cross debugging with core files: no backtrace and no sharedlibrary loading

On 07/02/2013 10:32 AM, crquan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using gdb-7.3 for my arm linux board projects for a long time,
> for most applications memory crash problems I debug the program with a
> core file under gdb, with correct sysroot and solib-search-path, the
> backtrace command
> was always able to indicate where it crashed,
> but with a recent ported program, it ceased working, no any symbol
> from sharedlibrary loaded, and backtrace just gave addresses with no
> symbol,
> that I cannot guess at that address is it a function, from binary text
> or a library text section?
>
> I'm not sure is this a gdb bug or I used it wrong, I compiled a
> gdb-7.6 but got same; want to see if any one met same or similar
> error, and how can I manually load symbol table from those libraries?
> any suggests or comments are welcome,
> Thanks,

Hard to say...  If you've given gdb the correct sysroot, _and_ the
correct program binary, than this should work, so it would sounds like
a bug.  Does this happen only with core files?  IOW, debugging live
programs works fine?

--
Pedro Alves