Re: wrong section when using find_pc_section

On 08/13/2013 02:53 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
I traced the code and found that it did remove the overlapped sections.
it this a must to remove the overlapped sections? I want to use the
overlapped
sections, but not remove it.  Is there any way that can return the
overlapped sections?
I don't really know for sure.  I suspect you will run into problems,
though mostly of the "mystery" kind.  For example, whether fixup_section
gives the right answer or not will most likely depend on the ordering of
sections in the objfile -- stuff like that.
Thanks for the reply.
I removed the filter_overlapping_sections function in order not to remove the overlapped sections. And do not use bsearch to find the correct section but using a sequential search to find the section whose start address is nearest to pc passed to find_pc_section. Using this way, find_pc_section can return the overlapped section,
and gdb can correctly disas.
But not sure whether this is a good way or not, because I think this is specific to my platform.

Thanks.
Peng

Tom