Re: git conversion status

On 10/14/13 10:45 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Fred> 'git clone URL' will produce a directory called "src" which
> Fred> is utterly meaningless on any developer's machine.
>
> I chose it because the existing repository is named "src".
>
> I don't particularly care what the repository is named.
> If folks want to debate it, I will rename it to the winner.
> Time is running out for that though.

Then I better put in my vote for "src". :-)

My reasoning is that "src" has meant "binutils & GDB etc" for over 20
years now, and there is no other use of "src" in the GNU universe that
has designated or will designate a project or repo.  So in a sense it's
justifiable to "reserve" the term in this particular case.

Stan
stan@codesourcery.com