Re: [C++] System Requirements

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:34:17 -0800
> From: Ben Longbons <brlongbons@gmail.com>
>
> I propose that the minimum "development requirements" is either gcc
> 4.6 or 4.7.

IMO, it makes very little sense to require the bleeding edge, or
thereabouts.  I still use GCC 3.4 on one of my main development
machines; the other one was upgraded to 4.7.2 a few months ago, and
I'm still lamenting the two-fold increase in build times that this
caused.

As another data point, the GNU shell server fencepost.gnu.org, a
Trisquel system, offers GCC 4.4.3.

> gcc 4.8.1 is the first fully-compliant C++11 release.

So what?  Why do we need this full compliance is the important part.