Cross compilng GDB that can use Python

Hi,

I'm cross compiling GDB for a target machine. For this (and supporting Python scripting for pretty printing), I previously have to cross compile ncurses and Python.

When configuring GDB, I run:

Configure ..... --with-python=<my crossed compiled python> ...

This setting looks crucial, otherwise Python stuff is taken from /usr of the compiling machine, which might be inappropriate for the target.
However, this way, when installed in the target, GDB looks for python modules (e.g. traceback) according to <my crossed compiled python> as in the compiling machine, rather than '/usr/'.

Is there a way to configure GDB compilation so that it takes python dependencies (include files, static library) from the crossed compiled stuff location (that cannot be copied to /usr in the compiling machine), yet look for Python modules in /usr in the target?

Thanks,

Avi