Re: How important is mcheck?

On 02/11/2014 06:04 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:

I suppose we could have main call mcheck.  That seems only mildly more
difficult.

I would make it completely unavailable.

Florian> Then you'd be able to enable it regardless of Python threading
Florian> support.

The problem is that mcheck is written in a way that inherently not
thread-safe.  This requires a fix in glibc.

I somewhat naively assumed that GDB uses the xmalloc function variants consistently, but that doesn't seem to be the case. If it did, just hooking the x* functions would do the trick.