Re: [URGENT] Ideas for Google Summer of Code

On 02/20/2014 07:31 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Thanks for doing that, Sergio!
>
>> - ARI revamp.  This is a personal itch.  I'd like to improve ARI so that
>>   it is more useful to us.  I will about some paragraph to describe this
>>   task.
>
> What would be really useful is if we could run it as a commit hook
> locally :).

Or even before commit -- it would be nice if it were super easy
to run the ari at any time.  Something like "make check-ari".

On the subject, the Linux kernel has this checkpatch.pl script
that automates checking a patch for common issues.  Porting that
(or rewrite something along those lines) for GNU/GDB would be
super neat, I think.

 http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/scripts/checkpatch.pl
 http://omappedia.org/wiki/Releasing_to_Linux_kernel_using_patches_and_emails#Checking_tools

--