Re: v850 simulator build issue

On Thu 15 May 2014 09:18:45 Joel Sherrill wrote:
> We have a build failure for the v850 simulator on a FreeBSD
> host to run on mingw because igen/configure.ac does this
>
> $ grep gcc * | grep -v ure:
> configure.ac:  CC_FOR_BUILD=${CC_FOR_BUILD-gcc}

this isn't specific to igen.  if you look through the tree, you'll see this
pattern duplicated many times.  it'd be nice if there was a single m4 in
config/ so we'd just call that, and then i think you could make a reasonable
argument for expanding the default CC_FOR_BUILD search path to be more like
the existing AC_PROG_CC.

would be even nicer if autoconf itself had a AC_PROG_BUILD_CC (or however you
want to name it), but let's start in the pond we control :).
-mike