Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages

> My concern with omitting the author-and-date is for commits with
> multiple authors, and/or multiple commits that have been squashed
> with git-rebase (which uses the date and author of the commit that
> was "pick"ed rather than that of other commits that were "squash"ed
> or "fixup"ed into it.  For example:

I had that in mind, but since the author'ing info is in the ChangeLog
file, I don't see any advantage of having to maintain it in the revision
log as well. But this is again an area where I think having multiple
options isn't going to hurt us, so I think we would be fine if some
prefer it this way, while others use the author-less version.

--
Joel