Re: glibc-2.1.1 and gettext...

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Remco van den Berg wrote:
> I tried to install the new glibc-2.1.1 package and now it complains
> about my gettext version:
>
> checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
> checking version of msgfmt... 0.10, bad
> <cut>
> *** An auxiliary program is missing or too old;
> *** some features will be disabled.
> *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.
>
> root@psv 577> msgfmt --version
> msgfmt - GNU gettext 0.10

I got the same thing.

> And I just checked ftp.gnu.org and I don't see a newer version then
> this 0.10 version.

Exactly.  I think 0.10.35 is a version not generally released.

> Where can I find gettext' 0.10.35?

I'd like to know that too, but I built the library anyway and there wasn't
any obvious problem.  I think the READMEs explain that it is only used if
you make changes to the message catalogs and have to rebuild them.  I have
had no problems traceable to this.

Specializing in unusual perspectives for more than twenty years.