Where should libc-lock.h be installed

Hello

I have just finished upgrading from glibc-2.0.6 to glibc-2.1.1. For the most
part everything went fine, make and make check completed without error,
however make install failed. The problem was caused by the crypt_utils.d
file in the glibc-build/md5-crypt directory. The crypt_utils.d file was
looking for the libc-lock.h file in /usr/include, but the header file is
actually installed in /usr/include/bits/libc-lock.h. After I changed the
reference in crypt_utils.d to the /usr/include/bits directory; make install
completed successfully.

I configured glibc-2.1.1 with --prefix=/usr and with the crypt and
linuxthreads addons.

Now my question is what caused the problem and which situation is wrong: the
reference to /usr/include/libc-lock.h in crypt_utils.d, or installing
libc-lock.h in /usr/include/bits.

Take Care,
Shayne