Re: Large File Support in glibc 2.1?

> _IO_old_* are used if the file was opened from a program linked
> against glibc 2.0.  You should recompile your libraries against glibc 2.1.

Well, that's interesting: My program is built and linked against glibc 2.1
to the best of my ability to tell. ldd(1) shows it linked to /lib/libc.so.6,
and ls shows that to be a symlink to libc-2.1.1.so. HOWEVER: I *am* linking
to some other libraries that were compiled against glibc 2.0 on an older
RedHat 5.1 system. The code where my crash is happening is all freshly
compiled (both the fopen() and the fclose(). Can the existence of
unused glibc2.0 code within the same binary cause this sort of behavior?

> If you could come up with a small program that shows this crash that
> would be fine.
>
> It should be complete and is documented in the manual
> (/usr/info/libc.info*).
>
> But it's not really tested so far, I wouldn't be surprised to get bug
> reports (please always use the glibcbug script!).

Understood. I'm still at the stage of trying to eliminate the stupid user
errors and be sure that I'm not just doing it wrong. I think the next
step would be to eliminate the use of those old libraries and see what
happens... Odds are I am the cause, but if that does not bear out, I'll
work on a small test program next...

Thanks...

- Ali