Re: Upgrading glibc and egcs at the same time

> > {AJ} The FSF has a page about the GNU C library at
> > <http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/>.  The problem data base of open and
>
> Yes, and as of this morning it still says that the latest available is a
> test version of 2.0, when in fact 2.1.1 is released.

As I understood it, there were political reasons for this, relating to
egcs dependencies in glibc 2.1 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong),
so FSF couldn't adopt it as official since it wasn't intended for use
with their compiler.  If so doesn't gcc-2.95 solve this problem?