Re: error compiling glibc 2.0.6

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Matt wrote:

>     Whilst again attempting to install glibc v2.0.6, using all of the
>     required packages with gcc 2.7.2.1 on a i586-linux-gnu host
>     I find that the testing fails with a rather weird:
>
>     "Cannot find user entry for UID 0"

User ID 0 is the usual ID for the root user.  I'm not sure why
the test routine would want to refer to that, but at any rate it
sounds as if you may have a non-standard setup.

If you're going to the trouble to install glibc, I'd recommend
installing the current stable version 2.1.1 rather than the
ancient 2.0.6.

Allin Cottrell.