Re: seg. faults

>>>>> F Heitkamp writes:

Fred> I've been using glibc-2.1.1, egcs-1.1.2 and binutils-2.9.1.0.25 and
Fred> binutils-2.9.4.0.7 on a 2.2.8d LinuxPPC APUS system.  This is what
Fred> happens when I compile ddd.  I've got seg. faults in the same place
Fred> with other programs.  Could this be the strip bug I've been hearing
Fred> about?

If you consider strip the culprit, I'd advise to not strip your
binaries and check if the problem occurs - and then strip them and
test again.

I don't have any idea what's broken here but this seems like a
segfault before running make - so it could be a bug of your tools.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de