Re: Upgrading glibc and egcs at the same time

    As I understood it, there were political reasons for this, relating to
    egcs dependencies in glibc 2.1 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong),
    so FSF couldn't adopt it as official since it wasn't intended for use
    with their compiler.

There were two problems: glibc 2.1 did not support the current version
of GCC (they said it was impossibly hard), and it denounced the
current version of GCC.

The first one has been fixed (a one-line fix in glibc turned out to
be sufficient), and I think that the fact that gcc-2.95 is coming
is enough reason to overlook the second.

So I think we should now start distributing glibc 2.1.