Re: glibc-2.1.1 on APUS Linux PPC

F> I compiled and installed glibc-2.1.1 on my APUS system using
F> egcs-19990629, binutils-2.9.4.0.7, and kernel 2.2.8d.
>From which glibc did you upgrade?  Did you read the whole FAQ?

F> This is a result of 'make check'.  I had to use the experimental
Any errors in it except the ignored one for posix/annexc?  No - then
there's no reason to send anything at all since everything looks fine.
Otherwise please only send the relevant lines.

F> egcs because I get an 'internal compiler error' with egcs-1.1.2.
F> The library seems fine except the 'more' command now segfaults.

Did you really read and follow the whole FAQ?

F> Subject: glibc

F> This is a MIME encoded message.  Decode it with "munpack"
F> or any other MIME reading software.  Mpack/munpack is available
F> via anonymous FTP in ftp.andrew.cmu.edu:pub/mpack/

You're using a broken mailsoftware - I couldn't decode this with
Gnus and metamail.

Search the FAQ for at least the following entries:
- What needs to be recompiled when upgrading from glibc 2.0 to glibc 2.1?
- I get failures during `make check'.  What should I do?
- Which compiler should I use for powerpc?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de