Re: Need help with RH 6.0!!

 > 	I have written several programs for linux in C++ using g++ as my
 > compiler. I did this on Redhat systems from 4.2 to 5.2. In all earlier
 > cases I only had to recompile the programs, using the same makefiles and
 > everything.
 > 	I was recently asked to move some programs to redhat 6.0, and to
 > my surprise, they will not compile. I read that this is the first version
 > of redhat to dump the libc5 library and move to the glibc 2.1.1 library,
 > but even calls to that libraries functions don't seem to work. I can't
 > even include <DLList.h>!! Even glibc supported things don't seem to work!
 > 	I noticed there are some programmers on the list that have moved
 > to RH 6.0 and must have already dealt with these issues. Any help would be
 > appreciated! I have been through countless FAQ's and other things, and I
 > still can't even tell what library RH 6.0 is using when I execute "g++
 > -o".

Hi Matthew,

RedHat 5.2 comes with glibc 2.0.7 and RedHat 6.0 comes with a
prerelease of glibc 2.1.1.  If your program works on 5.2 it should
work on 6.0 also.

I guess the problem is not glibc but your installation.  For example
<DLList.h> is part of libg++ - is this installed?  Check first that
you've got the development version of all packages
(glibc,c++,libstdc++,libg++).

Btw. gcc has a number of debugging flags which might be helpful.
Check -E for preprocessed output, -v for verbose output and
-Wl,--verbose for details of the linking stage.

If you've still got a problem, please provide more details.  Tell us
exactly what you're doing.  If you don't get it working, you might ask
RedHat.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de