Re: debugging an rexec() problem

>>>>> Andrew Morton writes:

Andrew> Now, you say that glibc is built for debug by default.  Could you please
Andrew> give me another hint?  If I wish to single-step my way through the C
Yes: Read the documentation that comes with glibc.  There's a file
called INSTALL.

Andrew> library, precisely how should I link my application?  The Mandrake
Andrew> /usr/lib/libc.a doesn't seem to be built for debug, so I assume I need
Andrew> to build glibc myself??

With a standard glibc installation, even libc.so has debugging info
and is not stripped.  I don't know what Mandrake has done, ask them.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de