Re: debugging an rexec() problem

 > Hi, folks.
 > I'm running the latest Mandrake distribution (glibc2.1.1pre2).  The
 > 'rexec' client is broken.  If I run it without '-l username -p password'
 > then I get a segfault in rexec().

 > Here's a snippet from rexec.c:

 >   if ( user_name == NULL )
 >     user_name = getenv("REXEC_USER");
 >   if ( passwd == NULL )
 >     passwd = getenv("REXEC_PASS");

 >   if ( (sock = rexec(&host, port_exec, user_name, passwd, command,
 >                      p_to_aux_sock)) < 0 )

 > Now, passing in zero for user_name and passwd is valid, but a core dump
 > isn't :-).
passing in an empty string for user_name and passwd is valid but not
passing in NULL AFAIK.

 > My question: what's the normal way of building a debugging glibc so I
 > can step through and resolve this?
glibc is build by default with the debug info in it.

Btw. read the source first.  rexec is implemented in inet/rexec.c.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de