smbfs problem?

I'm not sure if this is a glibc issue; I mention it because the
problem occurs on my personal machine (kernel 2.2.12, samba
2.0.5a, glibc 2.1.2) but not on my server (same kernel and samba
version, but glibc 2.1.1).

When I use smbmount to connect to a share and attempt to get a
directory listing I'm seeing

/bin/ls: <share>: Input/output error

Meanwhile dmesg shows a lot of this sort of thing:

smb_retry: new pid=12064, generation=3
smb_get_length: recv error = 512
smb_trans2_request: result=-512, setting invalid
smb_retry: caught signal
SIG: sigpending lied
smb_retry: signal failed, error=-3

Any ideas on whether this could be glibc-related?

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics