Segmentation fault...

Hi,

I am using Slackware 4.0 and for using Iris Performer
(Silicon Graphics' graphics library) I installed
glibc2.1.2 in a seperate directory in order not to
mess up my libc5 system.  Then I compiled its tens of
demos. But none of them worked because of segmentation
faults. The segmentation faults are caused by a function
getopt_init.c. In one of the glibc readmes, I saw that
some programs using glibc may not work because of getopt.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Also, it is
irrelavant with this list but does anyone successfully
run Iris Performer on Slackware 4.0.

Thank you,

P.S. The function causing the segmentation fault is in
     libc.so.6.

Okkes Ozdemir.
e-mail   : e102820@ceng.metu.edu.tr
	   okkes@emux.net
	   Okkes_Ozdemir@hotmail.com

Windows NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell
             for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating
             system originally coded for a 4 bit
             microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company
             that can't stand for one bit of competition