Re: Segmentation fault...

> Hi,
>
> I am using Slackware 4.0 and for using Iris Performer
> (Silicon Graphics' graphics library) I installed
> glibc2.1.2 in a seperate directory in order not to
> mess up my libc5 system.  Then I compiled its tens of
> demos. But none of them worked because of segmentation
> faults. The segmentation faults are caused by a function
> getopt_init.c. In one of the glibc readmes, I saw that
> some programs using glibc may not work because of getopt.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Also, it is
> irrelavant with this list but does anyone successfully
> run Iris Performer on Slackware 4.0.
>
> Thank you,
>
> P.S. The function causing the segmentation fault is in
>      libc.so.6.

Sorry for the typing and language mistakes, the function
is in getopt_init.c.

Okkes Ozdemir.
e-mail   : e102820@ceng.metu.edu.tr
	   okkes@emux.net
	   Okkes_Ozdemir@hotmail.com

Windows NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell
             for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating
             system originally coded for a 4 bit
             microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company
             that can't stand for one bit of competition