Re: glibc: linux-powerpc cross-compiling and installing

This is the excerpt from the glibc-2.1.2 INSTALL file:

   You can install glibc somewhere other than where you configured it
   to go by setting the `install_root' variable on the command line for
   `make install'.  The value of this variable is prepended to all the
   paths for installation.  This is useful when setting up a chroot
   environment or preparing a binary distribution.

So it seems like you can do what you want to afterall.

robert