Date: 17 Feb 2000 22:06:09 -0800
From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
To: GNU libc testers <libc-alpha@sourceware.cygnus.com>,
	VGER gcc list <linux-gcc@vger.rutgers.edu>
Subject: glibc 2.1.3pre4

Hi,

I've uploaded the fourth (and hopefully last) test release for glibc 2.1.3

	ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/glibc/snapshots

You can find the files

	glibc-2.1.3pre4.tar.bz2		(also .gz)
and
	glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.3pre4.tar.gz

(All my alternative sites are not reachable or changed.  So use
sourceware and its mirror sites.)

The crypt add-on hasn't changed.  (And I have not yet a word from a
legal people whether I can include the code in the main sources.)

Since pre3 we added quite a lot of bug fixes and we now feel very
strongly that the sources are very stable, more stable than anything
before.  Especially people doing heavy thread work should try it.

If no major problems are reported I'll make an official release soon.
Please send feedback (nagative *and* positive to
libc-alpha@sourceware.cygnus.com).

- -
- --------------.      drepper at gnu.org  ,-.   1325 Chesapeake Terrace

End of forwardqPARWA Digest