Re: libc5 to glibc2 upgrade problem

Ga$BuM(B Qu$BqS(Bi wrote: > from which version are your kernel headers ? > (look at UTS_RELEASE in /usr/include/linux/version.h, or in > xxx/linux/version.h if you configured libc with --with-headers=xxx) > You should always configure libc with the most recent kernel > (2.2 if you can, or 2.0.38 at least). You will still be able to use the > produced libc with (not too) older 2.0 kernels. Very belated but sincere thanks for your guidance. I've been using 2.0.34, and that's probably the source of my problems. I'm considering starting from scratch with the latest version of Red Hat. Things are complicated by the fact that I need to be able to display and input Japanese, and I think that, until recently, the Japanese extensions (PJE) worked only with libc5. I think they now work with glibc, though, so I'll probably give that a try. Thanks again. With best regards, Drew Poulin