gcc/glibc __cmpdi2 function?

Hi all,

I'm dl-loading a library into a running application. This library is
very small, and consists of the following line that gives me trouble.

void bar(unsigned long long foo)
{
	double baz = (double)foo;
}

When loading this library, I get 1 undefined reference, namely __cmpdi2.

I have nm'd about every .o, .so and .a on my system, and I'm starting to
believe that this function is an intrinsic. Can anyone help me out. I'm
not sure how to proceed. (Which is a rare case over my 10 years of Unix
hacking...)

Thanks!

-Philip