Thanks (__cmpdi2) and...

Dear Andreas et al,

Thanks for the help with this! I should have found this library myself
instead of bothering you all, now I know. The __cmpdi2 function is now
resolved!

So while I'm in the process of admitting I'm a dumb-ass, I might as well
ask another question that has gone unsolved in the same shared library.
Maybe this question might be more challenging... ;-)

I've got a custom system call installed in the kernel. In the shared
library code I have that particular system call's prototype.

_syscall3(int, perf, int op, int counter, int event);

When doing: gcc -fpic -g -Wall foo.c
I get: Fixed or forbidden register 3 (bx) spilled for class BREG.
Error, bomb, choke...

I realize that this is not really a glibc question, so feel free to
ignore. Last one, I promise!

Regards,

-Philip