Re: ucontext.h

 > Andreas Jaeger writes:
>> That's the version that will be in glibc 2.2:

 > I see.

>> > 1. Which file is The Right Version(tm)?
>> Depends ;-).  I would say the one with REG_ in front will be the right
>> version for glibc 2.2.

 > It is definitely the cleaner way.

>> > 2. The file in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/<arch>/sys/ucontext.h doesn't
>> >    seem to get installed anywhere. What is the reason for two files?
>> That's the one that gets installed by make magic.  ucontext.h is
>> system dependend.
 >                                          ^^^^^^^^^^

 > I am sorry, but did you mean an actual make target `magic' or some
 > magic action that is performed by the make process. I grep'ed through
 > all files in the source tree but couldn't find a hint.
Make searches the sysdeps directory for such files in a defined order
depending on your CPU and OS - and installs the most specific version
which is for you sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/sys/ucontext.h.

Have a look at the documentation about sysdeps to understand that tree
- make is just doing it normal behaviour.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de