Stubs and what they can do

Hi,

I am looking thru the glibc code and trying to understand how to do
this:

I have a set of new system calls that are currently handled by functions
in glibc (the POSIX timers calls, i.e. timer_xxx and clock_xxx).  These
calls will be available on a particular linux platform as the patch is
accepted by the various controlling groups.  I would like to modify
glibc so that it, by checking unistd.h in the kernel tree for the
existence of the given system call, will build either the system call
stub or the existing library routine.

Is this sort of thing already in place?  If not, how might it be added?
Should it be done at ./configure time or at make time?

Comments?
--
George           george@mvista.com
Real time sched: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtsched/