Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.1

A new release of Gnatsweb is available for download.

The version number is 2.8.1, and as can be surmised from the small
increase, this is a minor bug-fix release. The bugs fixed shouldn't affect
too many people, but for those affected, the problems are serious enough.

Gnatsweb 2.x won't work with the upcoming Gnats 4. Versions working with
Gnats 4 will have version numbers starting with a '4'. Patches and
contributions for version 2.x are still welcome, even though no further
releases are currently planned.

The Gnatsweb 2.8.1 distribution (59 kB) will be available from ftp.gnu.org
in a short while. However, it is available immediately at
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gnats/contrib/gnatsweb-2.8.1.tar.gz

This site is very hard to get into, though, so I have set up an HTTP mirror at
http://www.yngve.com/gnatsweb/gnatsweb-2.8.1.tar.gz

This is the entry for 2.8.1 in the NEWS file of the distribution:

Current Version: 2.8.1
See the file ChangeLog for the details of all changes.

Changes from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1
* Redirect after submitting edits wasn't working on systems with a
   new CGI.pm. This has been fixed.
* We now let people search for PRs with category 'pending'.
* We no longer by default require JavaScript for the main menu to
   work.
* The INSTALL file now makes it abundantly clear that you need a
   gnats-db.conf file even if you have only a single database.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer