the game's afoot, Watson

Amigos, I just got a call from Steve Adler, promoting my talk from a
poster to an invited talk at the Open Source/Open Science conference.

This ups the ante: people might actually pay attention to the talk,
and I want to do a good job of explaining what we are doing, with the
goal of eventually convincing package maintainers to use GSL

Next week I will prepare a set of slides.  They will have a