multidimensional optimization

Hi All.

I've read in "The Plan" that multidimensional optimization is considered as
one of the priority one targets for GSL future. I'm working in the field of
artifical neural networks and I need to implement simple multilayer
perceptrons in order to test a new method I've designed.

As I need multidimensional optimization to train my neural networks, I'll be
pleased to help coding traditionnal algorithms in GSL (I've already
implemented nn training algorithm in both C and C++). If I'm correct the work
as not started on this part.

I would like to know if there are any design documents about multidimensional
optimization implementation in GSL and if the mailing list might be a correct
place to discuss about this design.

Fabrice Rossi