No libgsl.a in version 0.5 under OSF1

Hi folks,

I have successfully built and tested GSL v0.5 (modulo known problems)
under OSF1 v4.0. The only problem outstanding is however that libgsl.a
is _not_ built. Is this a known problem with v0.5, or is there
something special I have to do to build this file? (I haven't
subscribed to this list before, but I couldn't see any relevant info
in the archive)

You might also be interested in the reason for my use of GSL: There is
an interface to (parts of) GSL for the Perl Data Language (PDL -
pdl.perl.org) written by Christian Pellegrin <chri@infis.univ.ts.it>.
At the moment the emphasis is on the random number generators, but
this might be extended in the future as GSL seems very well suited for
the PDL project.  And detecting and building it is easier if there is
a libgsl.a file :)

		Cheers,
		    Jarle.