Re: broken after libtoolswitch on

    Brian> It seems complicated....
    Brian> noinst_LTLIBRARIES (the current setting in libtoolswitch.pl) makes a
    Brian> single libgsl. This has the side effect of removing the intermediate
    Brian> files in each directory. So you have to build the whole library to get
    Brian> anything.

    Brian> Using just LTLIBRARIES gives an error from automake,

    Brian>   Makefile.am:13: `LTLIBRARIES' is an anachronism

    Brian> The alternative is pkglib_LTLIBRARIES which does build and install
    Brian> each of the libraries separately. But this has the side effect that if
    Brian> you try to build a single libgsl there is an error,

Sorry, this was my fault.  Yes, 'pkglib_LTLIBRARIES' must be used.

    Brian>   libtool: link: error: cannot link shared libraries into libtool libraries

    Brian> So it does not seem possible to build a single libgsl and also build
    Brian> separate shared libraries at the same time.

After this one has all libraries as shared and static.  Now the real
problem is how to tell libtool to put all static libraries into a
single 'libgls.a'.  The documentation of libtool does not say much
about this (or I am not able to understand it).  I played with the
additional key '-static' to build 'libgsl.a' but still it does not
work.  It works only to build the two 'test_static' programs, but not
for a library.  Anybody an idea?

Bye
Thomas

--
SUSHI?  Nein, Danke.  Ich esse keine Köder.

Dipl. Phys. Thomas Walter
Inst. f. Physiklische Chemie II
Egerlandstr. 3				Tel.: ++9131-85 27326 / 27330
91058 Erlangen, Germany			email: walter@pctc.chemie.uni-erlangen.de