Re: Reference counting for matrices

Mark Galassi writes:
 > I have not looked in detail at the issue, so all I know is that
 > "reference counting helps with VHLL bindings".  Is that correct?  I
 > guess it allows you to not have explicitly call a destructor from the
 > VHLL when the object could be garbage collected.

It's true that reference counting would help in that case. It is not
difficult to make the current system do that and it could be provided
via #ifdefs if someone wanted to build a version of the library which
works that way.

Similarly it would not be too difficult for the implementor to handle
it in the bindings, since the functions which derive one object from
another are limited and well defined.