Re: Problems with gsl-0.6-0.i386.rpm

  Brian> Thanks for the bug report. Anyone on the list have any ideas?

I maintain the Debian packages, and it worked for me on Debian. You can
always look at Debian's .diff.gz in the source/ tree. The diff contains,
among other things, debian/rules, a 'meta-makefile'. While these might
contain a lot of calls to our build tools, it will _always_ contain what we
do for the 'configure; make; make install' cycle and might therefore be of
help.

  Toby>  If it's any use to anybody, I have converted the current (0.6)
  Toby> .deb's from debian woody to .rpm's (with alien), and put them at
  Toby> <URL:http://ket.ch.cam.ac.uk/people/tow/gsl/>.
  Toby>
  Toby> They're probably not ideal, but they work fine for me.

Let me know if you run into trouble. I am not sure if I can help (.rpm not
spoken here), but I can at least run it by alien's author, another
Debianite.

Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.