Re: Are plans for these features in the works?

Hi,

Vincent Labella writes:
 > 	I did not see any fitting routines in GSL and I was wondering if
 > there were plans underway to add such things as
 >
 > 	least squares fitting to a 1D arbitrary order polynomial
 > 	""     ""       ""         2D  ""        ""    ""

There is some new fitting code in CVS. See the fit/ & multifit/
directories and associated documentation.  gsl_multifit_linear should
be able to handle basic 1D/2D polynomial fitting.  For info on
accessing the CVS tree see http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/
Beware of bugs in this code because it is new.

 > 	Savitski Goulay fitting/smoothing to data

No one is working on it...

 > 	cubic spline

Should be available in the interp/ directory, along with some other
interpolation schemes.

best regards