Re: C++ wrapper

Brian Gough wrote:

> If I understand correctly,
> an API is not generally subject to copyright.
> There are certainly cloned proprietary libraries on the market,
> e.g. Motif versus Lesstif.

Rogue Wave owns the Math.h++ API.
No one else participates in the design of their proprietary API.
There is nothing you can do if Rogue Wave decides to change their API
(to frustrate library developers who attempt to clone it for example.)

Who owns the GSL API?
Are GSL application programmers permitted
to participate in the design of the GSL API?
This is a real problem for application programmers
who are trying to decide whether or not it is safe
to use the GSL API.
What happens if you decide to change the GSL API
so that their applications, which depend upon it, break?
I don't think you are promising to cover the cost
of rewriting all of their application source code
to accommodate the changes that you make to the GSL API.