Re: GSL within Public Domain Software

Lowell Johnson wrote:

> Last week I came across the GSL and thought that,
> even though it is in the development stage,
> it will cover a large portion of our requirements
> for a general purpose numerical library.
> In addition the GSL is lightweight compared with the likes of LAPACK,
> so it is not asking so much to expect our external users to build it.

Have you investigated
the Vector, Signal and Image Processing Library (VSIPL)

	http://www.vsipl.org/

Randy Judd <judd at nosc dot mil>
(a contributor to this discussion goup in 2000)
has written a public domain version of the VSIPL
which you can download from the VSIPL web site by clicking
on the SOFTWARE radio button on the left hand side of the page.

The VSIPL and GSL are similar in many respects
and I hope that, one day, the GSL will support the VSIPL API.