Re: interfacing GSL Pop11/Poplog

Aaron Sloman writes:
 > Does anyone know of any similar effort to link GSL to an interactive AI
 > language, e.g. Lisp?

There is a list of "related projects" at http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/
Currently python & perlDL are listed.

 > Anyhow, if you have any comments, suggestions, warnings, or pointers to
 > similar work linking GSL to an AI or other interactive language, please
 > let me know, and I'll pass them on to others who are interested in
 > contributing to this.

I have used the SWIG wrapper generator to wrap small parts of the GSL
to perl, python and scheme (guile) in the past.  It worked ok, but the
binding is a mechanical translation -- one needs to define extensive
'typemaps' in SWIG to improve the mapping to the high-level language.

For languages not supported by SWIG it is also possible to use the
perl module C::Scan to parse C headers and automatically create a
wrapper that way.  I haven't tried that.

regards